Thursday 24 March 2011

Welcome to My World!

Hello world!

After months of umming and aahing and turning it over and under in my mind, I have finally taken the big FAT step.Welcome to J'adore Plus More. There is a huge selection of  fashion blogs out there, and I didn't just want to be yet another one. I want to be...different. The idea of starting a "fatshion blog" was first conceived in High Street Kensington underground station. I was with my girl Domzy (check out her amazing make up and beauty blog, Lashes and Pearls!), we were on our way to a networking event, on the escalators when she suggested, "why don't you start a fashion blog?".
"Who, me?", was my first response. You see, I wouldn't describe myself as particularly fashionable, but being the good friend that she is, she gave me the 'gentle' push I needed.
"It's not about fashion, it's about having your own style"...mmm, she has a point you know.

A couple of weeks later, I was in Paris, where I had the time, and the right mental balance to ponder over and nurse the idea, and voila! J'adore Plus More was born!

So what do I intend to do with J'adore Plus More? I will like to share with my "fatshionistas" the little I know about dressing well for our size. It will also contain general notes of the world through a big girl's eyes. Anyone who is a size 16 and above in this country  has probably experienced the horror of trekking the whole length of Oxford Street, and not finding a single thing that fits, and the things that do fit usually come with a hefty price tag to go with the heft waist line! I do not claim to be any sort of expert, but I would however just like to share the little I know and have a good time with it in the process!.

But before we get to the fun stuff, let me introduce myself.  My name is Madeline Asala, I'm a 23 year old Londoner, and a UK size 16/18 of Ghanaian descent. I wouldn't describe myself as an extrovert, but I definitely like to express myself - sometimes through words, sometimes through the clothes I wear.

So, embark on this journey with me ladies, and let's have fun with it. Amusez vous bien!



Cardigan - New Look
T-Shirt - Small souvenirs shop in Paris
Jeggings - Primark
Bracelet - Primark
Brogues - Primark



5 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the fashion blogging world. I love your simple, yet chic, outfit and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being the first to comment! I look forward to writing (and wearing) more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same bracelet, love it
    thanks following me, I follow now too, visit my blog soon !!

    http://likemousseauchoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I havent come accross any other plus size fashion blogs before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nollywood Forever. Thank you for commenting. My aim is to reply to everybody who comments on this blog. (However late!) There are a few other plus size fashion blogs - please check out the blogs I'm following!

    ReplyDelete

You like what you see? Have your say...